It’s not a secret that we love to travel. Our entire brand is focused on living life fully– filled with adventure and exploring this big world. Each place we visit gives us a new exciting perspective. We are so grateful for the opportunity to experience new cultures and cities. However, our not-so-favourite part about travelling is the long haul flights. 16 hours in the air, a middle seat, and a whole lot of stress and discomfort. But there are some ways to make it a little bit more manageable.
- Hydrate. A long time on a plane means even more liquids. Drink up that water. Your skin will thank you, your body will thank you, and overall you’ll feel a whole lot better. We know that getting up to pee sucks, and airplane bathrooms suck more, but your body will definitely thank you. Plus, I bet your legs will be grateful for the opportunity to move. Give your skin an extra boost with a hydrating face mask.
- Sleep. This is a hard one. We can honestly say that we’re not great plane sleepers but we try. A few hours of shut-eye are a great way to kill a little time up in the air. Most long-haul flights provide blankets and pillows. You may feel gross but just use them if it means you’ll get a fuller sleep. If you’re really on the ball try to nap according to the timezone that you’ll be arriving in.
- Movies. Netflix lets you download movies onto your phone or tablet so even if you get stuck with that monitor that doesn’t work, you’ve still got some entertainment. Find something you love and watch away. This is a great way to pass 2 hours or 8.
- Snacks. Airplane food has seen better days and especially if you’re like linds– you know you have to bring your own snacks. Having allergies is a real pain when travelling because often airlines cannot accommodate your needs. This is extremely important on long-haul flights– you’ve got to fuel your body. Jet lag is going to hit you and you want your body to be in the best shape possible.
- Move. You’ve got to get up and move. Get the blood circulating in your body. If you drink a lot of water you’ll have an excuse to get up more (pro tips haha). Even if all you do is stand up, touch your toes and give your shoulders a quick stretch– it will help!
What are your best flight and travel hacks? Comment below or reach out on social media, @twowildtides. We would love to hear from you!
safe and happy travels,
char & linds
Let us know what you think!