Hey everyone! We hope your December is going great so far. I recently teamed up with local Youtuber, Courtney Mona, to bring you a local gift guide. Courtney, like Linds and I, is very passionate about supporting local entrepreneurs. Here we have six great gift ideas from Atlantic Canadian businesses.
I met with Courtney to film our gift guide, which you can watch here:
Without further adieu, here are our six ideas for awesome Christmas gifts you can buy to surprise your loved ones while supporting our local economy and trailblazers:
- Indigena Skin Care — Our readers should know by now that we LOVE products by Indigena Skin Care, especially the Blueberry Bliss Sugar Scrub. Any of their products would make a fab gift for the skincare/spa junkie in your life, but we recommend their bath bombs and lipglosses in particular. For 15% off your online purchase, use code ‘twowildtides’ at checkout! (Check out our other articles in collaboration with Indigena here and here.)
- Wildhood Clothing — Again, our readers should know about our obsession with Wildhood Clothing. Their hoodies or tees are a perfect gift for someone special in your life. My personal fave is the Wildhood Elegant Raglan Hoodie. Celebrate diversity and shop Wildhood, online or at their new physical location on Water Street!
- Figgyduff Dory — Our final recommendation is another local fave. Figgyduff Dory makes the cutest NL-inspired designs with a modern, fun twist. As shown in our video, my favourite print is the sugar skull puffin, but I also can’t get enough of my ‘Froze Ta Det’ beanie!
- My Tree Designs — Courtney suggested a gorgeous print from My Tree Designs as a perfect home decor gift. You can’t go wrong with something like this for that person who you aren’t really sure what to get them. Also a great idea for a Secret Santa!!
- Pink Tulip Designs — Another recommendation from Courtney was a locally made ornament. This is such a thoughtful gift and a beautiful keepsake to take out each Christmas!
- Aunt Sarah’s Chocolate — Finally, for the foodie in your life, Courtney suggested some truffles from Aunt Sarah’s Chocolate in Trinity. If you can’t make it out there, any chocolate would do. These were so delicious! Catch Courtney’s vlog where she picked up Aunt Sarah’s Chocolate here.
We hope you enjoyed this article and our video! Comment your go-to gifts or tag us on social media. We want to send another huge thank-you to Courtney for having me, we truly enjoyed the experience. Hopefully linds will make the next one!
Happy holidays!! xoxo,