This year (and most of my life), I’ve had serious wanderlust. I have been craving travel. I’ve felt homesick for places I’ve never even been. There are so many cultures and lifestyles I want to experience, so many spectacular sights I want to soak up. Here is my ultimate travel bucket list– the things I feel like I need to do and the places I need to see.
- Discover my family history in Norway.
- Hike to the Lake Agnes Tea House in Alberta.
- Island-hop in Thailand.
- See the pyramids of Egypt.
- Visit South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands.
- Ski in the Swiss Alps.
- Get PADI certified and scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef.
- Roadtrip California in a van.
- Hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia, Turkey.
- Drink beer in Germany.
- Live for a year in the Pacific Northwest.
- See Ed Sheeran perform live in Galway, Ireland (this one might be a longshot).
- Spend a long weekend in Battle Cove, Labrador.
- Soak in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland.
- Sail the Panama Canal.
- Backpack South America.
- Hike to Christ the Redeemer
- Drink coffee in Colombia
- Trek to Machu Picchu
- Drink wine in Chile and Argentina
- Explore the Venezuelan rainforest
- Take in the Taj Mahal and enjoy Indian street food.
- Eat sushi in Japan.
- Visit the Grand Canyon, then drive up to Vegas for a weekend of partying.
- Arctic cruise, zodiacs and all.
- Influencer/photographer retreat.
- Explore Jordan’s lost city.
- Helicopter ride over Dubai.
- Hike the Cape of Good Hope in South Africa.
Well, that was cathartic. There is so much more I want to do and see besides this list, but these are my priorities. It seems like a lot, and it is, but I will do it. That said, I will not limit myself to this list. If an opportunity arises to do something else, of course I’ll jump on it!
What would you add to this list? We want to know your top travel dreams and bucket list items. Comment below or tag us on social media, @twowildtides!