Whether we’re driving, cooking, cleaning, at the gym or just hanging out we’ve been listening to a lot of podcasts lately. We’re always on the hunt for new sources of knowledge, inspiration and entertainment. There are so many podcasts on just about everything. Regardless, of what you’re interested in – you’ll be able to find something you love. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favourite podcasts below.
- Sickboy – This will forever be my favourite podcast. Jeremie, Brian and Taylor are constantly tackling the difficult subjects with class and humour. As someone who has been sick a lot, I have found a lot of comfort in this podcast. The guys are always finding a way to laugh at the hard stuff and I’m so thankful for that. They have some pretty cool perspectives on life. This podcast is so important. Give it a listen.
- Turn me on – Let’s talk about sex. Husband and wife, Jeremie and Bryde dive into what it means to be a sexual being in the world. Nothing is off the table. They’re so open about pleasure and all things sexual. Let’s be open and talk about it. We’re so sick of sex and pleasure being a “taboo” subject – big shout out to Jeremie and Bryde for creating this platform!
- Up and Vanished – This American podcast, created by Payne Lindsay, dives into the cold case file of the disappearance of Tara Grinstead. Based in a small Georgia town, it is the largest case file in Georgia history. Fantastic investigative skills. Riveting interviews. We won’t spoil it for you, but you’ll be shocked at how the podcast actually stirs up the case and creates an outlet for people to come forward after 10 years of silence. Season 2 is on now with a whole new case and we’re loving it.
- The Influencer Podcast – This one is pretty new for us. Julie Solomon, a highly successful businesswoman, blogger, and publicist, shares her knowledge on the complex and fascinating world of online marketing and ‘influencing’. We’ve found this podcast really helpful lately in our journey as bloggers.
- Radio RIAC – You know us, we can’t post an article without a little bit of local love. The Refugee and Immigrant Advisory Council (RIAC) is a St. John’s based charity that works hard every day to support newcomers to Newfoundland and Labrador. Radio RIAC is their latest endeavour which creates a space for people from countries all around the world to share their culture and their story. You’ll hear interesting facts about food and dance, tidbits of multicultural music, and uplifting and heart wrenching interviews with people who have made the move to St. John’s from every corner of the earth.
- Sworn – From the creators of Up and Vanished, Sworn looks at different crimes in the US and discusses the criminal justice side of the story. Although a lot of it is not relevant in a Canadian context, it is still really interesting to hear how things work in our neighbouring country and to hear about some of the psychology and criminology behind these cases.
All of these podcasts can be found on iTunes. What is your favourite podcast? We’d love to give it a listen! Have you listened to any of the ones on our list? Let us know in the comments below or on social media, @twowildtides.
char & linds