We love granola in the mornings. It adds crunch to yogurt and berries, cultured coconut, and acai bowls. It is also a perfect substitute for sugary breakfast cereals.
Our granola is refined sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free. The nuts are loaded with protein and healthy fats, the seeds are full of fiber and omegas, and the dried berries add a burst of vitamins and antioxidants. Feel free to add ingredients or remove them based on your preferences!
What you’ll need:
- 4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup rice puff cereal
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup dried goji berries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
What to do:
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for the dried berries.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk the maple syrup, cane sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and almond butter until well combined.
- Pour the warm liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and make sure everything is coated.
- Spread the granola mixture onto a baking sheet greased with coconut oil and bake at 280 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Check the granola every 15 minutes, occasionally flipping and breaking up with a spatula.
- After about 45 minutes-1 hour remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Once cooled, add the dried berries and transfer the granola to a bowl or jars for storage.
Let us know if you like this recipe by commenting below or starting a conversation on social media! (@twowildtides) We love to hear from you guys!