The Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market is our favourite place to play on a Saturday morning. The market is open Tuesday – Sunday but Saturday morning is definitely the busiest. With a wide assortment of vendors, it’s the perfect one-stop shop for your fridge, pantry, and gift giving needs! While we have a love for the market as a whole a couple of the vendors made it to our ‘favourites’ list. Check out our market must-haves!
1. Cove Kombucha – We love everything this company stands for including their commitment to contributing to mental health initiatives and organizations in Nova Scotia. They believe in living a healthy, balanced lifestyle (just like us!). Plus, the product is amazing. Pick up some delicious and nutritious kombucha this weekend. We love the blueberry pomegranate blend. Your gut will thank you.
2. Ran-Cher Acres – If you’re looking for goat cheese, this is your place. It’s SO delicious and is a staple in our households. Plus, their farm is in the Annapolis Valley (Linds’ home – bonus!). Our favourite product is the Onion Blend Goat Cheese. It makes a delicious snack with crackers and it’s perfect for those who can’t tolerate cow dairy.
3. German Bakery – You’ll be drooling because everything here looks and smells delicious! The gluten free rolls are our favourite. They taste like real bread! We love using them for our sandwiches. Be sure to stop by and pick up some tasty treats on Saturday morning.
4. Fruition – Our favourite place to grab a market lunch! So delicious! They’re so accommodating to anyone with dietary restrictions. All of their products are raw, vegan, and gluten-free. We’re big fans of the Garden Burger and the Halifornia smoothie. However, you really can’t go wrong here because everything is lovely!
5. Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Gourmet – This is our stop for a sweet treat. The Holy Cow cake is our absolute favourite. It’s gluten and dairy free making it allergy friendly. Stop by for some gluten-free treats!
Check out our top five favourites on your market adventures tomorrow morning. Enjoy!