We’re huge fans of smoothies and smoothie bowls! They make delicious breakfasts and snacks on the fly. We’re always running from class to meetings, to work, to the gym, to rehearsals and smoothies are our go-to healthy energy boost.
Check out some of our favourite smoothie tips and tricks below:
- Avocado – Add some avocado to your smoothies for a creamy and delicious texture. Plus, it’s an awesome way to add some healthy fats to your breakfast or snack.
- Chia Seeds – Toss in a spoonful of chia seeds for a quick and easy protein boost. They blend in well and help keep you full.
- Nut Butter – This is another favourite for some quick protein! A spoonful goes a long way. We really love almond butter!
- Greens – We constantly load up our smoothies with tasty greens! This is a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your day. Our favourites are spinach, kale and romaine lettuce.
- Almond Milk – We like to stay away from sugary drinks so we typically opt for unsweetened almond milk instead of juice. In a pinch, water works too!
- Frozen Fruit – We like to freeze our fruit ahead of time because it makes our smoothies nice and cold. Bonus!
- Honey – When we’re craving a little sweetness we add a small dollop of honey to our smoothies. Natural sugars for the win!
- Cultured Coconut – We love using unsweetened cultured coconut in our smoothies. It’s vegan/gluten-free and acts as a yogurt replacement. Delicious and creamy!
- Extras – If we have any fruits or veggies that are about to go bad, we often just throw them in our smoothies. We don’t like wasting food and try to avoid it as much as possible. So you know that cucumber that’s going bad in your fridge drawer? Throw it in and blend!
What do you add to your smoothies? Let us know in the comments below! We love hearing from you!
char & linds