Working out is so important and here at twowildtides, we value treating our bodies respectfully. Part of the healthy lifestyle balance is exercise. It’s important to experiment with different types of physical exertion – cardio, strength, and flexibility. To create a balanced exercise routine, it’s essential that you try different types of working out and classes to find what you LOVE! Loving your body will be so much easier if you truly have a passion for the workouts you’re doing!
- Hot Yoga – This one is at the top of my list because it’s my absolute favourite. Hot yoga is good for the soul. It’s a fantastic workout, unbelievable stretch, surprisingly incredibly relaxing and a great sweat! Head to your local Moksha studio and try a class!
- Spin – Spin classes are a great early morning addition to any routine. Because who doesn’t love sprinting up hills at 6am? This workout will leave your legs burning and heart pounding. A great way to get your dose of cardio! Don’t let it intimidate you because you can truly take it at your own pace.
- Kickboxing – This is another one of my absolute favourites! Get physical and toned with this full body cardio workout. Bring a friend with you and it won’t be so scary. Plus, you can get all of your frustrations out on the bag!
- Yoga – If hot yoga doesn’t seem like your thing (you’re probably wrong) but that’s totally okay! Yoga still provides a wonderful strength and flexibility workout while giving your mind a rest. Breathe in breathe out.
- Running – Whether you’re training for a 10km run or just want to get outside for some fresh air: try running. It’s a great way to meet new friends and get outside. Find a running club in your community or gather your squad and hit the track.
- Aerial Silks – We haven’t had the opportunity to try aerial silks yet but it looks like so much fun! Many celebrities are posting their aerial workout pictures on Instagram and it looks like a blast! It’s the mixture of art, strength, and sport.
- Dance – You’re lying if you say that you’ve never danced around your apartment to de-stress. Dancing is so freeing for the mind, body, and soul. Drop-in on a dance class in your community. It’s relatively easy to find classes for all different levels. Whether you’re looking for ballet, jazz, tap or hip-hop, we encourage you to give it a try!
Be fearless in the pursuit of your dreams. Maintain a balanced lifestyle and make time for your workouts. When you make time for your workouts you will quickly realize that it allows you to accomplish so much more during the run of the day. So get out there and try something new!
Let us know about your fitness adventures in the comments below! We love hearing from you and hope that you will try something new this October!